Diabetes Empowerment Education Program
The Diabetes Empowerment Education Program
The Diabetes Empowerment Education Program encourages small lifestyle changes while learning about your diabetes and the way it affects your health. Learn about diabetes risks, complications and self-management tools.
DEEP is a Medicare-approved, evidence based diabetes self-management program developed by the University of Illinois, Chicago that has been shown to be successful in helping participants take control of their disease & reduce the risk of complication. DEEP workshops meet once a week. DEEP provides opportunities for participants to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reduce complications resulting from diabetes, such as kidney failure, amputation, vision loss, heart failure and stroke.
• What is diabetes?
• Diet and Exercise
• The importance of taking you medications
• How to manage complications
• Self-care; Eyes, Teeth, Toes and Feet – What you need to know
• Improve & maintain quality of life for people with diabetes.
• Prevent complications & incapacities.
• Improve eating habits, maintain adequate nutrition & increase physical activity.
• Develop self-care skills.
• Improve the relationship between patients & health care providers.
• Utilize the available resources.
6 weekly 2-hour class meetings
*Free for those 65 or older with Medicare
Privacy Practices Policy
To learn more about the program and how to enroll in a class, contact Nicole Martinovich, Healthy Initiatives Coordinator, (707) 545-9622 ext. 3412, email@example.com