- Children ages 9 years and under must be supervised by a parent/guardian at all times. The parent/guardian must be in the same area of the facility as the child and must be 18 years or older.
- Children ages 10-12 years must have a parent/guardian at the YMCA facility.
- Children 13 years and older may use the YMCA without a parent/guardian at the facility.
All members, guests and class participants must check in and present their membership card, photo ID or program receipt at the Welcome Center before using the facility. Membership cards are required for each member age 13 and above entering the YMCA facility. Persons not having their membership card for admittance will need to show valid photo identification. Lost or damaged cards may be replaced in the Member Center for a $5 fee.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
We strive to maintain a safe and secure environment at the YMCA. All members, regardless of age, gender, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation will have the same opportunities to use the YMCA facilities. We welcome people from all walks of life and help them grow in spirit, mind and body through their contact with the YMCA. We will not tolerate those who do not respect other members or staff, who use foul language, or purposely try to hurt or steal from others. Injuries and other accidents should be reported immediately to the staff supervisor on duty.
We recommend you leave your valuables at home. The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
For the safety of all, animals are not allowed in the YMCA facility, except service dogs. Please do not leave your animals unattended on the YMCA grounds.
The Y is a smoke-free campus.
Member Code of Conduct
The YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all. To promote safety and comfort, the YMCA asks all persons to act appropriately at all times when in our facilities, on our property or participating in our programs.
We expect persons using the YMCA to act, in accordance with our core values (caring, respect, honest, & responsibility), to behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. The actions listed below, which are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of behaviors, are considered inappropriate and are prohibited in our facilities and programs:
- Using or possessing alcohol or illegal drugs on YMCA property; in YMCA vehicles or facilities, or at YMCA-sponsored programs.
- Smoking on YMCA property-all of our YMCA buildings and grounds are smoke-free environments.
- Carrying or concealing a weapon or any device or object that may be used as a weapon.
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior.
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive or threatening way.
- Verbally abusive behavior, including profanity, angry language, swearing, name-calling, or shouting.
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior; any sexual contact with another person.
- Inappropriate, immodest, or sexually revealing attire.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property.
- Loitering within the facilities or on the grounds of the YMCA after being requested to depart the YMCA’s property.
- Use of social networking websites in a manner that is contrary to the YMCA’s mission is detrimental to the community or is in violation of the law.
- Electronic devices (cellphones, tablets, cameras, etc.) are not to be used in the locker rooms.
- Animals are not permitted in the facility or to be left unattended on YMCA property. Service animals are welcome in the facility.
In addition, the YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is, or has been a registered sex offender, has ever been convicted of any offense related to the sale, possession and/or transportation of illegal drugs, or is currently under the influence of illegal or dangerous drugs or chemicals, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages.
Anyone who feels that this Code of Conduct is being violated should immediately report the behavior to a staff person on duty. YMCA staff members are eager to be of assistance. Please notify a staff member if assistance is needed.
Suspension or termination of YMCA membership may result from a violation of this Code of Conduct. While an incident is being investigated, the membership of the person(s) accused of violating this Code of Conduct may be temporarily suspended pending a final decision.
The YMCA has surveillance cameras installed in the parking lot as well as other public areas only and not in private areas such as locker rooms, rest rooms, etc.
Lockers can be rented for overnight use, pending availability. The monthly fee is $5 for the 18"x 12"x 12" lockers or $10 for the larger lockers (includes a shower towel - provide your own lock). This fee is added to your regularly scheduled membership payment according to your membership type (monthly, quarterly or annually).
Please do not store wet items overnight in your locker. Do not store your swim suit or towel on the outside of your locker.
Day Use Lockers
Day use lockers are available to all members. Please secure your lockers with a lock and leave valuables at home. Locks left on lockers overnight are subject to removal.
We encourage members to bring their own locks or purchase one from the Member Center. A limited number of locks are available to borrow at the Welcome Center in exchange for your YMCA membership card or a $5 deposit.
Shower towel service is available at the Member Center for $7.00 per month (added to your regularly schedule membership payment.) See the Member Center to add towel service to your membership account.
YOUTH & FAMILY LOCKER ROOMS
Our locker rooms have a Youth & Family locker area within both the women's and men's locker rooms.
- When space allows we encourage families to utilize the youth/family areas within each locker room.
- We encourage parents with opposite-gender youth (not infants) under the age of 6 to use the youth/family designated area in the locker rooms.
- During high usage times it may be too crowded to access the youth/family locker area, so during these times please use any space available in either the main locker area or the youth/family area. Examples of high use times: swim lessons, family swim times, water exercise classes.
- During swim lessons and family swim individuals not accompanied by children should not be using the youth/family locker room area.
- Children 6 years and over MUST use the same gender locker room. Children 6 years and over are also encouraged to utilize the Youth & Family area. Children 6 years and over may use this area without a parent and feel comfortable that only parents with small children are in this area. Individuals not accompanied by children should not be using the Youth & Family locker room area.
- We know our locker rooms can be crowded at times so if there is a concern about locker room usage please ask a staff person for assistance. We want to promote a safe, caring and respectful environment for all.
- There is also a Unisex Changing Room on the pool deck for your convenience. In consideration for all, parents with opposite-gender youth under the age of 6 years are encouraged to use the Youth & Family designated area.
UNISEX CHANGING ROOM
The Unisex Changing Room is located at the north end of the pool deck. This room is available for use by opposite-sex family members 6 years and older and for individuals with disabilities and their caregivers. The room has a changing area, shower and sink, and is first come, first served.
Each membership receives 6 guest passes per six month period. Members may request their guest passes at the Member Center or the Welcome Center with 24 hours notice.
YMCA Age Guidelines
FACILITY AGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Children must be supervised by a parent/guardian (18+) at all times. The parent/guardian must be in the same area of the facility as the child.
- Children ages 10-12 years must have a parent/guardian in the YMCA facility.
- Children 13 years and older may use the YMCA without a parent/guardian in the facility. There must be a signed waiver of liability on file in the Member Center.
- The basketball court is open to ages 10 and up during Open Gym times.
- Children ages 7 years & under are not allowed in the Fitness Center. Please utilize our ChildWatch program.
- Children ages 8-12 are restricted from using the Fitness Center from 5p-7p, Monday-Thursday. They also require supervision at all times by a parent/guardian 18 years or older. Please see the Family Fitness flyer for more information.
- Teens 13 &14 may use the cardio equipment without adult supervision. A liability waiver must be on file in the Member Center. Strength training is allowed after successfully completing the Teen Strength Training Program. Parental permission is required.
- Ages 15 and over have full use of Fitness Center without adult supervision.
GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES:
- Classes available to ages 13 & up unless otherwise indicated or with Director approval.
- Children 6 & under MUST have an adult in the water with them at all times.
- Ages 7-9 who can swim unassisted must have an adult in the pool area while they swim.
- Children 10-12 must have an adult in the YMCA facility while they are in the pool. Children who can not swim must have an adult in the pool with them at all times.
- Children ages 13+ can lap swim.
PLEASE NOTE Children who cannot swim, regardless of age, MUST have an adult in the pool with them at all times.