Job Type: Part Time
Compensation: Hourly: $14.00-$15.00
1111 College Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
If interested in this job, click "view this job". When you click "apply for this job", you must download the application form, fill in and attach to the interest form.
Provides skill-based swim and water safety instruction to people of all ages. Maintains constant supervision of students to ensure safety. Creates positive, nurturing relationships with students and builds cooperative relationships with parents and caregivers. Promotes and supports the potential of all students in the program. Facilitates peer-to-peer connections as part of the overall program experience.
- Y Membership
- Discount on Y Programs
- Reduction on recertification costs
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Current CPR and First-Aid for the Professional Rescuer with AED (if not be certified within 60 days)
- Current certification in YSL V6 (if not be certified within 60 days).
- Instructs swimming lessons as assigned in accordance with YMCA guidelines, having prepared lesson plans accordingly.
- Encourages member and parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers members and participants to other programs.
- Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
- Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
- Trains and supervises class aides as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical and work demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to swim, walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; twist, lift and smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.