Youth Basketball Referee
Job Type: Part Time
Category: Youth Programs
Compensation: Hourly: $13.00 - $16.00
Offsite Youth Sports Location
If interested in this job, click "view this job". When you click "apply for this job", you must download the application form, fill in and attach to the interest form.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Youth Development Director and/or the Youth Sports Assistant, the Youth Basketball Referee is responsible for officiating youth basketball games for the Sonoma County Family YMCA Youth Basketball League. The Youth Basketball Referee may also be asked to lead various sports programs.
- Y Membership
- Discount on Y Programs
- Referee Shirt/Whistle
- Minimum age: 16 years of age at time of employment.
- Current CPR and First Aid certificates by time of employment.
- Must complete any mandatory staff training’s held.
- Must attend the YMCA Child Abuse Awareness Training.
- Employee will be required to have cleared fingerprints in order to work in the program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have reasonable knowledge of the game of basketball with an emphasis on the rules specific to the Sonoma County Family YMCA Youth Basketball League. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This person:
- Must demonstrate the ability to work well with children of all ages as well as parents and coaches.
- Must also demonstrate the ability to control all aspects of a basketball game.
- Must be in reasonably good physical condition and be able to work extended periods of time on his/her feet.
Regular attendance and punctuality. The Sonoma County Family YMCA reserves the right to add or delete essential job functions.
- ATTEND all orientation/training sessions, including staff meetings and special events as scheduled.
- OFFICIATE youth basketball according to the general rules of the sport as well as any rules specific to the Sonoma County Family YMCA. .
- PREPARE all playing areas according to all regulations specific to the sport.
- GUIDE, DIRECT, AND PARTICIPATE with the group in all activities.
- DEVELOP group cohesiveness.
- ASSIST in the social, mental, and emotional development of children using values clarification techniques.
- MAINTAIN supervision of the children in your care at all times.
- RESPONSIBLE for the health and safety of the children under your supervision.
- ENCOURAGE respect for personal property, sports equipment, facilities, and the natural environment.
- SUPPORT AND ASSIST other personnel in all areas of program operation and development.
- MANAGE personal time in accordance with Y policies.
- MAINTAIN standards of conduct.
- COMPLETE all trainings deemed necessary by the Sonoma County Family YMCA
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to swim, stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger handle or feel objects, tools or controls; stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities are required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.