Batting Cage Attendant
Job Type: Part Time
Category: Youth Programs
Compensation: $13.00 - $15.00 per hour
1111 College Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
If interested in this job, click "view this job". When you click "apply for this job", you must download the application form, fill in and attach to the interest form.
Under general supervision and guidance of the Youth Development Director, the Batting Cage Attendant will carry out the assigned duties as specified for the batting cages. Provides supervision of the facility as assigned. Primarily responsible for serving the needs of the patrons participating in the batting cages.
- Y Membership
- Discount on Y Programs
- Minimum age: 16 years of age at the time of employment.
- Current CPR and First Aid certificates by the time of employment.
- Must complete any mandatory staff trainings held.
- Employee will be required to have cleared fingerprints in order to work in the program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a reasonable knowledge of the game of baseball/softball with an emphasis on the rules specific to the Sonoma County Family YMCA. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This person:
- Must demonstrate the ability to work well with children of all ages as well as parents and coaches.
- Must also demonstrate the ability to comprehend all aspects of baseball.
- Must be in reasonably good physical condition and be able to work extended periods of time on his/her feet.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
The Sonoma County Family YMCA reserves the right to add or delete essential job functions.
- Sells tokens, passes, and misc. point of sale items. Hands out equipment to patrons.
- Ensures participant experience by enforcing facility program rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Must ensure set up and clean-up of equipment at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Ensures facilities and equipment are left in a secure condition by closing and locking all gates, windows, doors.
- Assist in the maintenance or cleaning of the playing and surrounding area.
- Provides excellent customer service to the public and staff alike. Responds to participants and general public using courteous and effective communication to provide information and resolve conflicts as necessary.
- Keeps accurate records and various reports.
- Participates in the recommendation and evaluation of improvements to the batting cages that will assist to provide maximum enjoyment for all the participants.
- Assist with ensuring the safety of participants.
- Maintain cleanliness.
- Provide exceptional customer service in person and on the phone.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, respond calmly and professionally to stressful or emergency situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, bend, squat, sit, walk, reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
Vision and Hearing abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to read and give verbal instructions and respond to spoken communications.
Exposure to environmental conditions: working outdoors in various weather climates.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.