Fitness Boot Camp Instructor
Job Type: Part Time
Category: Health & Fitness
Compensation: Hourly: $13.00 - $15.00
1111 College Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
If interested in this job, click "view this job". When you click "apply for this job", you must download the application form, fill in and attach to the interest form.
Responsible for conducting safe, effective and enjoyable exercise classes by providing excellent leadership, up-to-date quality instruction, and high energy motivation.
- Y Membership
- Discount on Y Programs
- Teach agreed upon classes each week according to individual. Arrive prior to class start time, prepared to begin and end class on time. Responsible for providing substitute instruction from a fellow Y staff member when unavailable. Expected to inform supervisor of vacation plans and who will be substituting at least one week in advance.
- Greet members warmly, enthusiastically, by name (when possible), smiling and making eye contact. Responsible for maintaining an atmosphere that motivates long-term participation and member retention. Represent the YMCA in a positive manner. Communicate member concerns to supervisor.
- Educate participants on proper form, anatomy, contraindications, and modification of moves with the goal of keeping members safe from injury.
- Show respect and responsibility for all equipment.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Share the mission of the Y and help promote events and programs to class attendees as requested by supervisor.
- Must be 18 years or older and have a fitness/group exercise background.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, communicate exercise physiology principles as related to a well-rounded fitness program.
- Physically fit to lead class at the appropriate level.
- Maintain current CPR and First Aid
- Develop routines with appropriate music and choreography.
- Willingness to continue training in order to improve teaching skills or expand current skill level.
- Ability and willingness to communicate verbally with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to members, donors, fellow employees and prospective members/donors/staff.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and short correspondence. Ability and willingness to read and respond to email in a timely manner to stay updated on YMCA and department policies, subbing needs and other important information.
- Ability to analyze moderately complex problems and situations where there are standardized activities. Problem solving results from conformity to established patterns and policies.